Painting at Crystal Spring Gardens in Portland Oregon May 3, 2016

Plein ait painting of Azaleas at Crystal Springs Gardens May 3, 2016. This is a do-over. A painting of Chard becomes Azaleas through the magic of plein air painting. The sun moves across my painting and blacks out the scene I am painting from. The same thing happens to my vision when the sun shines directly on my painting. The background fades. Pesky Sun. Kara Wilde, Nancy Smith Klos, Maura Jess and Jennifer Pimm joined me today.
Kara Wilde and Maura Jess painting Rhodys

Nancy Smith Klos painting a rhody close up.

Nancy Smith Klow' rhody painting.

Kara Wilde's up close rhody.

Chard painting about to become an azalea painting.

Brooks' azalea painting 
Beach scene about to become a rhody painting.

Brooks' rhody painting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting aboard the Steamer Portland March 8, 2017.